Monday, October 10, 2016

I now pronounce you stress free


I am convinced that any woman who raves that she loves the wedding planning process is a liar.

Yes, a LIAR.

Okay. Okay. Put your pitchforks down, stop the eye rolls and hear a girl out.

I’m accustom to dealing with stressful situations. I went to college, which was no picnic. I’ve given speeches in front of hundreds of uninterested students and not even broken out into a sweat. Hell, In my hotel management days, I battled guests who, unknowingly to me, had a gun pointed at my head from the other side of the closed door. Seriously.

Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING in my life has been as stressful as planning a wedding. I’ve never been that girl who dreamt about her wedding. There was no fantasy meticulously plotted in my mind, and maybe that’s the problem. I hate small details...actually ALL details. They are the devil.

But by far the most annoying battle yet has been the wedding cake. I was asked what kind of cake I wanted. My response was FunFetti. This was met with scrunched faces of confusion and rapid head shaking. First of all, Funfetti cake is the shit. Second, it’s my damn wedding and if I want to eat a Funfetti cake, then that’s what we are having! I couldn’t care less that it’s not traditional. I’ve been with my fiancé for over 6 years, and 4 years ago we bought our house. I think it’s safe to say that traditional isn’t our jam.

Moral of the story is ELOPE.
P.S. My rehearsal dinner party just became a book release party too!! Deadly Omissions comes out December 9th, 2016. This is the day before my December 10th nuptials.




Barnes and Noble: http://goo.gl/RBWOJi





No comments:

Post a Comment